Root Canal Therapy
Trust Greensborough Dental – your Markham dentist, for the best root canal therapy
Although our teeth are solid on the outside, they have a hollow canal on the inside that is home to the dental pulp. The pulp consists of nerves, blood vessels and soft tissue. If the pulp gets infected or injured, due to a fracture, dental accident, decay or cavities, Root Canal Therapy, also known as endodontic treatment, might be necessary. Come visit the professionals at Greensborough Dental – your Markhan dentist.
The Root Canal Treatment Process
Today’s dental technology has made the endodontic treatment process smooth, simple and comfortable.
- Oral sedation or local anesthesia is usually used to bring you to a comfortable, relaxed and pain-free state, while our professional dentist at Greensborough Dental gets the chance to do what he excels at the most.
- First, Dr. Riazi makes an opening into the chewing surface of the tooth, giving him access to the pulp chamber.
- He then removes the infected pulp and cleans the space thoroughly, making sure that there’s no sign of infection left.
- The pulp chamber is then filled and sealed carefully, so that there’s minimum to no chance for the infection to reoccur.
- In most cases, a dental restoration has to be attached onto the tooth to restore the tooth’s shape, strength and function. The dental restoration also serves as prevention from future damage to the tooth.
Symptoms of a Root Canal Infection
At Greensborough Dental, we do our best to save your natural teeth, if it means a better state for your oral health. Early treatment is always better. It means higher chances of saving the tooth. If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, book you next appointment now, so we can help you with your endodontic needs.
- Acute and intense toothache
- Darkening of the tooth
- Sharp pain when biting down
- Lingering pain after eating hot or cold foods
- Dull ache and pressure
- Pain, tenderness or swelling in the nearby gums
- Recurrent or persistent pimple on the nearby gums